Preparing For Your Visit
The Fireside takes the health of our staff and guests very seriously and while we have always maintained the highest standards for cleanliness and safety, we are also following guidelines recommended for all restaurants at this time. Some of these changes are noticeable and others behind the scenes but just as in any theatrical production, both sides are essential to its success. Our goal remains the same, to make you feel welcome and provide each guest with a memorable experience through friendly, courteous and gracious service. Here is what you can expect during your visit to The Fireside:
- Effective March 1, 2022, masks are not required for staff or guests. Anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask may certainly do so.
- Our entire facility is equipped with air purifying technology that is also used in the White House, Mayo Clinic, Boston Children’s Hospital, and Google (99.4% effective against Covid-19, also effective against Flu, Bacteria, and other airborne allergens.)
- In addition to this technology, our HVAC units also incorporate fresh air into the space at regular intervals.
- Sanitizer stations are placed throughout the facility along with signage reminding guest to wash their hands.
- Reservations are recommended as we are frequently fully booked to a reduced capacity limit.
- We can accommodate reservations over 10 but may need to split your reservation over more than one table, depending on availability.
- Tables, chairs, salt, and pepper shakers are cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- Silverware is wrapped to protect from unwanted contact.
- Housekeeping has increased frequency of sanitation and cleaning of high touch areas.
- Entire facility is professionally cleaned nightly with special attention to high touch areas and increased disinfection methods that have been installed since the pandemic began.
- Theatre is cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized between performances.